Paul
Paul, Electrician
Experience:  23 yrs as an electrician, self employed contractor, municipal inspector
5447110

I need a new timer for my jacuzzi tub. The old part was a

I need a new timer for my jacuzzi tub. The old part was a sensatron 20 minute timer, model 100820. This part has been discontinued. What could I replace it with? Thanks.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Paul replied 3 years ago.

Paul :

Hi this is Paul

Paul :

You can use an Intermatic manual timer such as the one I posted below.

Paul :

Does this look simular to the one you have?

Customer:

Actually, that would not work. The timer was attached to to the tub. It is only accessible via the emergency panel behind the tub. I am looking for a timer like the model I asked about that can go behind the panel.

Paul :

So you need an electronic timer. How did you activate it?

Paul :

Could you post a picture?

Paul :

this is supposed to the replace the replacement.

Customer:

It had a plug that went into an electrical outlet and then 2 connectors to the tub. I am unable to post a picture at this time. It was activated by turning the jets on in the tub. It automatically ran for 20 minutes and turned off.

Customer:

Thanks - I saw that online, but it doesn't look like the old timer at all.

Paul :

It seems that you would need to do some re-wiring to use the newest replacement for that item.

Paul :

let me see what else I can find. Be right back.

Paul :

The item I posted seems to be your best shot. It looks like it would plug in the same way and is the manufacturers recommended replacement.

Paul :

The item I posted seems to be your best shot and is the manufacturers recommended replacment.

Paul :

It appears to just plug in like your old one.

Customer:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it will solve the problem. there is no actual wall to mount this to and the things sticking out of the bottom do not match what is coming from the tub. Thanks anyway. Looks like I will need to hire a plumber/electrician.

Paul :

Here is another, I think its cheaper than the first.

Paul :

Ok sorry I couldnt be of more help

Customer:

thanks. I guess I will order the part and have someone come rewire the tub to fit the part.

Paul, Electrician
Experience: 23 yrs as an electrician, self employed contractor, municipal inspector