Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I want to wire two 110 volt GFCI receptacles on separate 15

I want to wire two 110 volt GFCI receptacles on separate 15 amp circuits on a post to provide power to a garden shed (1 circuit) and for outdoor power products (1 circuit). The run is 50 feet, will be using 12/3 NMWU buried in PVC conduit and a 2 pole 15 amp breaker on the mutiwire branch circuit instead of 2 separate 12/2 cables. By doing this I understand the black wire is the hot for one receptacle and the red wire is the hot for the other receptacle with the white is the shared neutral for both circuits.

Does the white wire get connect to both GFCI receptacles by using a short white wire from each receptacle pigtail connected to the white on the main 12/3 cable inside the weatherproof box?

Any wiring illustrations for the receptacle wiring and 2 pole breaker wiring available?

Robert (Alberta)
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Your assumption on how to wire is correct except for the NM cable in pipe. You'll need to pull separate conductors #12 THHN for that type of installation. You can't put cable in a pipe. Please stand by and I give you a sketch.