Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Hi, I have the same problem as the person above Electric

Customer Question

I have the same problem as the person above:
Electric baseboards connected to athermostat. the Living Room heater was not shutting off even when the thermostat was turned down. I replaced the thermostat and the LR heater still does not respond (continues to heat). I opened the baseboard and found a Honeywell R841C1029 thermostat 50-60CY, Resistive 22, series 80 240V Series 80. Old heaters. Should I replace the R841C1029? or what else should I be considering? thank you If so where can I find one and what about cost?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. What kind of T-stat do you have - Line Voltage or Low voltage? How many heaters in the room?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
two heaters connected in the living room. Two wires were connected on the thermostat orange and yellow I think.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.
Are there any heater relays at the panel. with the orange and yellow wires connected on the outside of the panel?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. One relay at the panel. At the panel there are blue and black wires as there are heat, cool and off buttons on the panel. The is also an outlet for the wall air conditioner to be plugged into.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.
Is this what you have at the panel?

graphic
View Full Image
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.
If pulled up the Honeywell Relay online. If your heater isn't turning off the relay has failed and needs to be replaced.