Sir Sparks
Sir Sparks, President/Owner/ Master Electrician
Experience:  US State Certified & UK Electrical Contractor for all electrical fields/disciplines

why would there be a delay when turning on lights or after

Customer Question

why would there be a delay when turning on lights or after light has been on for a while it just shuts off
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Sir Sparks replied 5 years ago.

Sir Sparks :

A Master Electrician here to help. I am a double qualified; USA & UK electrician. Please give me a moment to formulate a reply.

Sir Sparks :

Is this residential? What type of light and bulb is this?

Sir Sparks :

How long is this delay?

Please reply here when you are online again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is a reg light bulb in cieling light 60w and i noticed just the other day when i turned outside lights on that they did not come on right away and now even in kitchen there is a delay of about 5 to 10 seconds
Is this a can light (A recessed light) also called a Pot light?
Is this delay every time it is switched on or just occasionally?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on is not a resessed light and one is a drop light fron cieling and yes delay is every time
OK there is a loose connection somewhere and the heat of a circuit starting to pass current is affecting this connection. It is most likely caused by a loose wire nut in a box of one of the lights or switches on this circuit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will check this out and get back to u what r the chances that this would effect all the kitchen area
Very high if they are all on the same circuit.

When I have answered your question to your satisfaction please click on the "ACCEPT" button. This is the only way I get credited for my time and expertise from the deposit you have already made.

After you ACCEPT, you will find in your email inbox a link back to this question, and at a later date you may return here for no additional charge should you require more information on this present question.

As a show of good faith on both sides I recommend this is the way to proceed now.

Your 100% satisfaction is my goal so please do not "accept" then leave less than positive feedback.

Thank you for using Just Answer. For all future questions you may request me directly; SIR SPARKS