Sir Sparks
Sir Sparks, President/Owner/ Master Electrician
Experience:  US State Certified & UK Electrical Contractor for all electrical fields/disciplines
22778599

why would there be a delay when turning on lights or after

Customer Question

why would there be a delay when turning on lights or after light has been on for a while it just shuts off
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Sir Sparks replied 3 years ago.

Sir Sparks :

A Master Electrician here to help. I am a double qualified; USA & UK electrician. Please give me a moment to formulate a reply.

Sir Sparks :

Is this residential? What type of light and bulb is this?

Sir Sparks :

How long is this delay?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Please reply here when you are online again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is a reg light bulb in cieling light 60w and i noticed just the other day when i turned outside lights on that they did not come on right away and now even in kitchen there is a delay of about 5 to 10 seconds
Is this a can light (A recessed light) also called a Pot light?
Is this delay every time it is switched on or just occasionally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
on is not a resessed light and one is a drop light fron cieling and yes delay is every time
OK there is a loose connection somewhere and the heat of a circuit starting to pass current is affecting this connection. It is most likely caused by a loose wire nut in a box of one of the lights or switches on this circuit
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will check this out and get back to u what r the chances that this would effect all the kitchen area
Very high if they are all on the same circuit.

When I have answered your question to your satisfaction please click on the "ACCEPT" button. This is the only way I get credited for my time and expertise from the deposit you have already made.

After you ACCEPT, you will find in your email inbox a link back to this question, and at a later date you may return here for no additional charge should you require more information on this present question.

As a show of good faith on both sides I recommend this is the way to proceed now.

Your 100% satisfaction is my goal so please do not "accept" then leave less than positive feedback.

Thank you for using Just Answer. For all future questions you may request me directly; SIR SPARKS