electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise

I have Federal Pacific baseboard heaters in my family room

I have Federal Pacific baseboard heaters in my family room and the thermostat quit working . the heaters are two 8 footers . i need to replace the thermostat . How do i find the correct one
Category: Electrical
Expert:  electrifier replied 5 years ago.

electrifier :

Is the thermostat in the end of the heater or on the wall?

electrifier :

Are they 120 volts or 240 volts? What is the breaker that feeds them? Are they both on the same breaker?

JACUSTOMER-3e7yeoj3- :

The thermostat is on the wall. it is on a 240 breaker and the thermostat controls both heaters.

electrifier :

Go to Home Depot and ask for a wall 2 pole line voltage thermostat for baseboard heaters. Make sure it is rated for the same or greater amperage than the breaker that feeds the 2 heaters. These thermostats are universal. Any one will work. The brand does not matter.