Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

The timer has a Neutral, Hot and a Load wire to be connected

The timer has a Neutral, Hot and a Load wire to be connected to two black wires

Mike :

Hi, thanks for posting your question on JustAnswer...

Please let me know when you have joined the chat.

JACUSTOMER-78rgtaqd- :

I'm on

Mike :

Great...

Mike :

You mentioned two black wires. Those will connect the hot and load. Your timer has a neutral (the white wire) which standard switches do not. This needs to connect to the group of white wire in the back of the box. Depending on how your setup was wired, you may or may not have the necessary wiring there (the white wires) to make this work. Since you have two black wires, you should see the white wires connected in the back of the box, though, and that is where the white from the timer needs to go.

JACUSTOMER-78rgtaqd- :

So the black Hot and the red Load wires connect to the two black wires that the old timer was connected to and the white Neutral wire connects to white wires at the back of the box not previoisly connected to the timer?

Mike :

Yes, exactly.

JACUSTOMER-78rgtaqd- :

OK, Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I let you know if it works or not?

Mike :

There is no question that this is how it should be wired, but, you can return here via a link in an email you should have received regarding this question. Or, you can press ctrl+d to bookmark this page in your web browser so you can easily find it again.

Mike :

...then you can come back anytime to post follow-up questions if you'd like, even after our chats ends and you accept.

Mike :

Anything else I can help with at this time?

JACUSTOMER-78rgtaqd- :

no I think were good, thanks

Great! Please don't forget to click Accept if you're happy with my service so I am credited for answering your question. Thanks and happy New Year to you!