Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a CharmGlow electric heater Model # HBL-15sdlp/m20 and

Customer Question

I have a CharmGlow electric heater Model # XXXXX and the heater and blower has stop worker, the flame part is working...
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. How old is the heater?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is about 3 years old.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 years ago.
I checked online and found that there is number of switch failures that could also be your problem. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester and the willingness to check the heater with the power on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have no problem with checking this out. Will let you know as soon as I get my tester out.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 years ago.
OK, Remove the switch without removing the wires and let me know when you're ready. What type of tester do you have?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok. We have check switch for the two heaters, they are showing power to both. The blower is not showing power and we noticed the netural wire from the blower has come off (male & female). If the blower does not work will it keep the heaters from working? Is it a safety things. If that be the problem is there a direct or bypass to see if the blower or the switch is bad. If it the switch can we buy another.???
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 years ago.
All electric heaters have a high temp cut out. If the fan isn't working the temp will activate the safety.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What I am asking is this, the heaters are not working and the blower. Check the wires to switches and all show fine except blower, it was showing no power to switch. Then we noticed the neutral was broke off. Do we need to purchase a new blower switch???

Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the lack of connection will affect the operation of the heater. Fan forced heater will not work if the fan is inoperable - no air flow to keep the unit from over heating. My search online for info showed that the switch in this unit to be the major cause of failure.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that was what we had figured out but glade to know that we are right. Is there anyway that I might order a new switch for the unit.???
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 years ago.
Charmglow doesn't show any parts supply online. I would suggest that you try Radio Shack or Home Depot for a substitute.