Rich
Rich, Master Electrician
Experience:  Over 35 years residential, commercial, industrial wiring, install, troubleshoot, service, maintain
5098113

In a set up with a Lightolier E-600 Master dimmer switch and

Customer Question

In a set up with a Lightolier E-600 Master dimmer switch and a ER-3 Remote switch in which the light no longer comes on, is there any way to determine which Lightolier unit is not working?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rich replied 6 years ago.

Rich :

Hello .. I cannot seem to find info on that number .. is this a wireless switch system .. in my opinion if it is wire\less and neither switch is working , then it would be the main that is faulty ...

Rich :

I would replace both units to make sure that the technology is compatable ..

Rich :

first I would remove the main and splice the two black wires that are on the switch ,, to be certain that the wiring to the light is OK ..

Rich :

If these are wired switches then let me know and we can troubleshoot them together

JACUSTOMER-5393jo0v- :

It is a wired switch system. I have jumpered the two black wires and that is how I verified the wiring. The light goes on when when the black wires are connected. I do not believe these systems are manufactured any more. so the only think I can think of is to go on line and purchase one of each unit and see which is the one

JACUSTOMER-5393jo0v- :

And see which one needed to be replaced.

JACUSTOMER-5393jo0v- :

I have finally found two units like the pair that does not work and the second one I tried made the lights work. So using that method my problem is solved.

Rich :

OK .. good work .. Thanks for using Just Answer .. Rich

JACUSTOMER-5393jo0v- :

I will try again in the future. I guess it was something that could not be answered.