Alex, Master Electrician
Experience:  Owner of independent electrical contracting company. Licensed Electrical Contractor in CT.

I have a Hunter model 21778 ceiling fan. Recently the light

I have a Hunter model 21778 ceiling fan. Recently the light started blinking like a strobe light when it is turned on. The fan seems to work fine, but if the light is on with the fan on the blinking is faster. what is going on and how can I fix this?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
Hello. is this fan remote control fan? what type of bulbs do you have ( incandescent, fluorescent) ? do you have a dimmer for the unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it is not a remote control fan. The problem started recently with the original bulbs that worked fine up until now. They are not fluorescent. I do have the fan on a dimmer switch which I use to dim the light. It's not a dimmer specific for a ceiling fan.

Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like a loose wire. you can start look for it by taking the light kit part down and check if there is any wire that is going to the light kit is loose? Please let me know if you find anything.