electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise

I have a 400 amp dual lug meter base and two 200 amp QO breaker

Customer Question

I have a 400 amp dual lug meter base and two 200 amp QO breaker boxes they each have a 200 amp breaker how do I wire them in and what size and type of wire should be used
Category: Electrical
Expert:  electrifier replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
electrifier :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

electrifier :

Is this a commercial or residential installation? Do you have parallel lugs for the load side of the meter socket?

electrifier :

Do you plan to use copper or aluminum wire?

JACUSTOMER-ypsi6r4- : yes i have parallel lugs on the load side and when i went to the electrical store and asked them what i needed they gave me 4/0 aluminum entrance cable which seemed a little funny to me even after i explained that it was from my meter to the breakers
electrifier :

4/0 aluminum is OK for residential. Will the panels be mounted next to each other and where will they be mounted in the house? Do you plan on running service entrance cable or do you want to run 3 individual conductors in conduit from the meter to the panels?

11:39 AM

I see you have this question posted 2 times here. We must close one of these questions. Electric Doctor answered you in the other question first.