Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 45 years Experience
29848548

My Coast spa motors will not run at all and I get a flo message

My Coast spa motors will not run at all and I get a flo message on the control pad I replaced pressure switch.All new water jets, bled both motors for air in lines.Checked gate valves,all fuses,I can hear the thermostat kicking on and off,and the spa lights all work.what should I check next?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Did you check the voltage on the spa and the pump motor. Check to make sure you have both hots for 240Vs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have 120 volts on each hot line going to spa that is 240 total.I have a total of 240 going to motor,but nothing runs,and the flo light blinks,when I turn on motor one the flo light stops blinking and stays lit.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
Sounds like a bad sensor , loose connector or stuck relay. Open the control box and tap the relays with a screw driver handle and check the connectors to see if the situation corrects.

Please give me all the information as to model, S# XXXXX such so I can see if there is a manual available online.

Edited by Mike G. on 7/1/2010 at 4:54 PM EST
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience: Proven Professional 45 years Experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Done all that.Coast spa mod.zsl35,ser.006249
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
I've downloaded the manual. Did you try turning the power off to the spa and then back on for a control reset? Also the manual mentions that low voltage could be a cause of the message. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?

Edited by Mike G. on 7/1/2010 at 6:23 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Done the reset sevaral times.Not sure what you mean 2 wire tester,I have 120 on both incoming lines and 120 on both on the other side,after I dont know where to test.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
Did you check between them for 240V? Reading hot to neutral on each doesn't say you have 240V all that says is that you have 120V and the second reading could be a return on the first. Check hot to hot please.

Edited by Mike G. on 7/1/2010 at 7:17 PM EST