Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor

I had an aube T1034A switch installed about 3 mo ago. All

I had an aube T1034A switch installed about 3 mo ago. All was going well until today. The light controlled by the switch blinking all day and night. Why?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Inactive replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like the unit is going bad. The simple way to test this is to physically remove the switch from the wall. Then bypass it by connect the wires attached to it directly to eachother. Then if the blinking stops, that means the swith is bad and will need to be replaced.

**Warning** Just be careful not to attach the neutral wire to the other two wires when bypassing the switch. Leave the neutral wire in tact and only connect the other two remaining wires, this will successfully allow you to by pass the switch without causing a dead short.

Edited by Electric Doctor on 1/14/2010 at 12:50 AM EST