Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor
5968364

I lost power to my master bedroom. No power in all outlets

Customer Question

I lost power to my master bedroom. No power in all outlets and light fixtures. Only master bedroom is affected. The circuit breaker has not been tripped. No GFI breaker in the room. Any ideas?
Thanks
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer, Can you tell me if you have access to a volt meter or plug tester? If not are you willing and able to get one?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a volt meter
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Ok here is what you need to do, im giving you a trouble shooting guide that I made up specifically to find and fix problems such as this. Follow this guide very closely step by step. Once you look this over if you have any questions, please be sure and let me know.

Troubleshooting Guide:
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I checked the circuit breaker with the volt meter. The breaker shows voltage coming out until I manually trip it. All the outlets showed no voltage. No GFIs in house except in kitchen. Already checked this one.
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Now you will need to go to the "outlet" test that I outline in my guide. Follow that section closely and do exactly what it says.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already tested all the outlets in the room. None show power. Should I check the light circuits also?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No one answered my last reply which was a few days ago.
I had to hire an electrician to come to my house to fix my problem.
No help from the electric doctors answers. I already checked everything he mentioned with my volt meter.
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
What did your electrician find? What was the problem?