Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have two HB-4190 Motion Sensing Lanterns. The plastic cover

Customer Question

I have two HB-4190 Motion Sensing Lanterns. The plastic cover over the photo eye has deteriorated and broken. I would like to get replacement parts. Can you help?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hampton Bay is Home Depot's "house brand" and parts can only be obtained from a Home Depot. You may have to ask them to special order the part as they don't stock replacement parts for all types of fixtures that they carry.

Alternatively, you can install a new photocell in-line between the switch and the laterns and disconnect the photo cell that is built into the light fixture if for some reason Home Depot is no longer able to get replacement parts for your light fixture. You can use a standard photocell that can be purchased from Home Depot or Lowes. I'd be glad to walk you through this installation scenario if you need assistance and this is the route you so choose.

Regards,

Edited by Mike Pettinato on 11/17/2009 at 11:26 PM EST