built1950
built1950, Handyman
Experience:  Builder/Remodeler
19717507

I have two Hampton Bay 52 inch Andover style fans 

I have two Hampton Bay 52 inch "Andover" style fans on my porch. One functions properly and the other one has a problem with its light. I turn the ligh on to its highest setting and it will illuminate at "high" for approximately 30 minutes and then it will switch to a lower intensity. It would be like a the way light bulb burning at high and then suddenly jumping down to low all on its own. I want to stop this. What is happening to my fan's light?
bill
Category: Electrical
Expert:  built1950 replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
There is a 4 position light switch, as I'm sure you're aware, that can show these symptoms as it starts to fail. The positions are off, low, medium and high. Going from high to low by itself indicates replacement. Your answer is to call Hampton Bay and give them the pertinent model # XXXXX part # XXXXX readable (optional), they should be able to find the part with the model #. Hampton Bay is manufactured for Home Depot, but HD doesn't handle parts. You can call them at 1-877-527-0313. I can't order parts for you but they will make it painless.