Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor

Im looking for a sample electrical wire and switch diagram

I'm looking for a sample electrical wire and switch diagram for a kitchen. I'm in the process of applying for some permits to redo my kitchen and this is one of the requirements. I'm going to have some GFCI outlets, some recessed lights, and a garbage disposal. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
exactly what kind of wiring diagrams do you need?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not an electrician, so I'm not sure, but this is something that was requested by the Code Inspector of the township before I can get the permit to do the work. It simply states that I need an "Electric wire and switch diagram." I'm assuming they just want to know exactly what I'm going to be doing with the electric work in the kitchen, just not sure what the diagram would entail.
Ok I know what he is talking about. Is there a blue print diagram? I would need that or a drawing of some sort to do this.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
kitchen layout
Did you show him this drawing? Did he want something more such as actual wire runs? Is this a remodel of this room?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is a remodel of the kitchen. The code inspector has seen my blueprints (I drew them myself) and all he asked for was simply a wire and switch diagram. Sorry, but I don't know if it includes the wire runs, I would assume it does.
Ok let me see what I can do with your diagram above. Ill post back with info later this evening. Also I need to know the wall measurements.

Edited by Electric Doctor on 9/15/2009 at 8:54 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The windows are 35" wide.

Ok this is what they should be looking for. One is the lighting circuit diagram, and one is outlet circuit. Any questions just let me know.