Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor
5968364

we are installing our electric meter box and mast, what are

we are installing our electric meter box and mast, what are the legal height requirements of each?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Can you give me a little more information? Where are you located? What size electrical service are you planning on installing? Will your main panel be on the outside of the building or the inside. If its inside how far inside the home will the main panel be?
___________________________________________________________________
graphic This symbol means that my credentials have been checked and verified!
Whats this?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are located in Chaffee county, CO. We are supposed to be using the 2005 national electrical codes, article 90, etc. The service is 100 amp, overhead line. The main panel is inside the home about 45to 50 ft away from where the meter box will be installed. The person from the electric company said something about the meter box had to be so many feet up off the ground and the mast needed to stand so many feet above the roof line.
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Ok to make this simple, typically the meter box should be located to where the center of the meter is at eye level at finished grade. So that would typically mean at least 4' off of the ground. Now depending on the slope of your roof, and where the main line is coming from, typically the mast would be 3' from the top of the roof.

Now with that being said - can you tell me where the main service line will be coming from? Will this line cross over a yard, driveway, field etc.
Whats this?