Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

i am wiring a small RV park. 10 sites wired 50,30,20. What

Customer Question

i am wiring a small RV park. 10 sites wired 50,30,20. What size main or transformer do i need? I dont know if i am going to loop them or not yet.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  electrifier replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Bob - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

Where are you located?
Does the NEC apply to this park or do you have other requirements to comply with your local electrical code?
Art 551 of the NEC is the section and RV parks and gives you the minimum requirements.
Do you have a layout for the sites you could send to me?
Look at the toolbar and the green icon next to You Tube will allow you to attach a Jpg to send to me.
With these answers we can go ahead and calculate the minimum service requirements for the park and anything else you might need.
  • If you need further clarification on anything I posted, please don't hesitate to ask
  • 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes its got to be NEC code and all the site are in a row side by side. i dont have the lay out right now. I know that i have to use 0, 00 or 000 wire for the main but not real sure about the main panal or transformer.

Have you looked thru Art 551.71 yet? VI in Art 551 deals with the requirements for parks and begins with 551.71

• 100% customer satisfaction is my goal