electrifier
electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise
13036330

We have a Coleman generator that did not kick on when we had

Customer Question

We have a Coleman generator that did not kick on when we had a power outage this week. Any suggestions? Ideas? Also, how can we find an authorized repair service in our area other than Weisman Electric. Weisman installed the generator as well as doing all the electrical work in our new home and have proven that they are simply awful to deal with ... even tried to charge us for simply coming out to provide an estimate on a small job that we needed done a few months ago! We simply will not use them any longer!!!!
Category: Electrical
Expert:  electrifier replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Bob - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

Has the generator worked in the past as it should?
What kind of transfer switch do you have?
Can you provide model numbers for both the generator and the transfer switch?
Did you purchase the generator setup from Weisman Electric?
Where are you located?

• If you need further clarification on anything I posted, please don't hesitate to ask
  • 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it has always worked fine.
Not sure about the transfer switch ... owners manual says that it is an automatic transfer switch listed to UL 1008. The generator connects to a sub panel that powers only designated circuits in the house. Hope that helps.
Generator model #: PM401211 (Honda engine .. GX620/GX670)
Yes, was purchased from Weisman.
Arnold, Md. .... near Annapolis.

Coleman lists a generator with your part number and then a series of transfer switches that would connect between the main panel and the sub panel with your chosen circuits. There must be a name attached to your transfer switch. It may very well be a Coleman unit listed with their generators as they are made to connect together.
Here is the contact information for Coleman from thier site where the generators are listed. They don't have a service page to search for authorized service. There is a phone number in Austin Texas to call and an e-mail address for assistance. Hopefully this will get you in contact with a nearby service facility other than Weisman.

Camping Gear Depot
P. O. Box 153223
Austin, TX 78715
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> customerservice@campinggeardepot.com
© Copyright 2008 - Camping Gear Depot

Please let me know how this works for you. Hopefully the e-mail address will get you the information you need.

• 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We'd already tried the Coleman site ... their only authorized service provider in this area is Weisman, so this won't really help. But thanks anyway

How far is the next service center?
The trouble is in the transfer switch or it's interface with the generator. Mr. Electric is the service provider for Home Depot. Contact your local Mr. Electric and they could more than likely provide you with service for your switch.
MR ELECTRIC
Address:Removal requested ()Restore requestedEdited
Placement on map is approximate
1 Church Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

• 100% customer satisfaction is my goal