Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

I have a loud buzzing noise in my bathroom when the lights

Customer Question

I have a loud buzzing noise in my bathroom when the lights are on OR off. The lights are functioning, nothing is different than it has been for many years! I am really puzzled. Thanks for your insights!
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Jason - Your personal on-line "Electrical Consultant"

HiCustomer If you have a bathroom outlet with something plugged into it, please unplug it. If there is an outlet with Test and Reset buttons on it, push the Test button. If the outlet is functioning properly, the Reset button should pop out slightly. This may stop the buzzing. If the outlet won't trip when pushing the Test button, please find the breaker (in your electrical panel) that feeds the bathroom outlet. Turn the breaker off to see if the buzzing stops. If it does, you need a new GFI outlet for your bathroom.

If this is the case, please let me know, so I can provide you with instructions on how to properly wire the new outlet.

Please ask as many follow up questions as you need!

If you need further clarification on anything I posted – Please don’t hesitate to ask!

100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS MY GOAL

Remember to leave FEEDBACK if my answers were helpful.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jason, wiring is beyond my skill levels, but I will try unplugging, unscrewing bulbs, turning the circuit breaker on and off ... wish me luck! Thanks!
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Good luck! Please let me know what you find. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Jason, sorry to disappear, someone showed up unexpectedly at my door. I figured it out! My bathroom fan doesn't work -- hasn't for ages -- but my daughter was home for a visit and turned the timer on. Over a few days it just buzzed more and more loudly -- but I hadn't used the fan for so long that I never thought to check it! It's off now. Whew! Anything else I need to do with respect to justanswer.com?
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
You have the option of Accepting my answer, or not. It's entirely up to you. I wasn't very accurate with my answer, so I won't be offended if you choose not to accept. At any rate, I hope we can help you again in the future. Have a great day!