Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

can a homeowner wire their own home without an electrical contractor

can a homeowner wire their own home without an electrical contractor if he/she has done electrical work in the pass.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Jason - Your personal on-line "Electrical Consultant"

HiCustomer This may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but many municipalities allow homeowners to pull electrical permits and do their own work, provided they have rough-in and final inspections. The inspections are vital and should not be overlooked. No drywall should be installed until the inspector has approved the rough electrical wiring.

Your local building department may or may not require you to sign documentation stating that you intend to live in the home for a specified amount of time. I have heard that some jurisdictions require this for homeowner wiring installations.

Please ask as many follow up questions as you need!

If you need further clarification on anything I posted – Please don’t hesitate to ask!

100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS MY GOAL

Remember to leave FEEDBACK if my answers were helpful.