electrifier
electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise

I have a Sunbeam Electric Blanket that Ive had for four years

I have a Sunbeam Electric Blanket that I've had for four years (4). Two days ago the control unit began blinking and I cannot get it to turn off or on. I remember reading something about what is wrong if it blinks, but I can no longer find my booklet that came with it. My husband has checked all the plugs, but it continues blinking. Can you please help?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  electrifier replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Bob - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

Do you have a model number for your electric blanket?

• If you need further clarification on anything I posted, please don't hesitate to ask
  • 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I do not have a model number........

All I have is a bar code number which is 5101-030-616

Sorry thats all I have.

Is there something on the bottom of the control to identify it?

• 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Bob,

What we found on the back of the control is this.........

N31062S

Style J850'E23623

Made in China

Reading Sunbeam's information the flashing light indicates a bad connection. They suggest to unplug the control from the wall. Unplug the blanket from the control. Make sure the connection is good at the blanket connection and reconnect. Plug the unit back in. If this doesn't solve the problem they say to contact Sunbeam directly here.
Let me know how this works for you.
  • 100% customer satisfaction is my goal
electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience: Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise