Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

i brought a sunbed from a tanning shop can i install to my house eletric box

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Glenn - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

Hi What is the voltage and amperage of the bed ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi the voltage is 240 but i am not sure about the amperage
Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.

Ok is there a sticker on there that says wattage ?

Is there a cord coming out of the bed ?

If so how many wires and what's the writing on the cord ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

there is a grey cable with 4 black wires and a earth wire comimg from the sunbed

the writing on the cable is 5c x 6.0 sq.mm 300/500v yy-lsf/lsf ce

Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.

Ok are you in the UK ?

does it say on the bed anyware it is 3 phase or an 0 with a line threw it ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes live in birmingham

can not see anythink about 3 phase or an o with line threw it

Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.

OK let's do this where the cord attaches can you open up the box and tell me what is connected to what as far as the cord goes ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1 black wire goes to a brown

1 black wire goes to black

1 black wire goes to purple

1 black wire goes to blue

and a earth wire

Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.
Oh boy 5 wires total do you know if the bed was hooked to a timer of some sort ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
4 black wires and 1 earth there is a token box with the bed
Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.
Token box ?? please explain
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

you put token in slot and sunbed works for some many mintines till you put a other token in

Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.

Ok that's what I thought

Do you own any type of meter ?

Are you going to do away with the token box ?

Inside the box where the wires connect do you see anything about amperage or wattage ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what do you mean meter

yes i do not what the token box

all i see in the box is 1kva @ 230v

Expert:  Glenn replied 5 years ago.

Ok that's cool

So your telling me all these wires are hooked up inbetween the token box and the bed ?

where the cable goes into the bed is there a place to hook power up ?