Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I have a 20amp breaker in main panel and 15amp recepticles

I have a 20amp breaker in main panel and 15amp recepticles running on this circuit. Can I change one of the recepticles to a 20amp recepticle to use for my tanning bed?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Jason - Your personal on-line "Electrical Consultant"

HiCustomer You can replace one of the outlets as long as the breaker is rated for 20 amps and all of the wire on the circuit is #12. Since you indicated the breaker is rated at 20 amps, just make sure all of the wire is #12 or larger, you can't have any #14 wire connected to this circuit. Also, keep in mind that the tanning bed will likely take up most of the capacity for this circuit when it is in use. So when the tanning bed is being used, I would not try to plug much else into the circuit.

Please ask as many follow up questions as you need!

If you need further clarification on anything I posted - Please don't hesitate to ask!

Remember to leave FEEDBACK if my answers were helpful.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Jason, Thank You very much for the fast responce with you answer! It is all 12ga wire and i meant to tell you that when I asked the question. Thanks for your help! Joe