Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor
5968364

how do you wire a buck booster for a tanning bed

how do you wire a buck booster for a tanning bed?
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Joseph - Your personal on-line "Electrical Consultant"

Ok what is the voltage that you have, and what is the voltage your trying to accomplish or boost up to?

If you see this message, that means I need more information from you!

Please respond ASAP to this information request.

This will ensure prompt action on my part to respond – Thus ensuring you get the best customer service available.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The voltage is 220. It was previously wired for a three prong plug but when I moved into my new home it had to have a four prong plug. I got ahead of myself doing the re-wiring and am not sure how to re-connect. The diagram on the booster says to hook up I1 and I3 and I 2 and I 4. The same instructions hold true for H1-4. I'm not sure if the 220 goes to 1&3 with the 2&4 going to the bed or vice versa. Also, for some reason I only have four wire caps and I thought I had the ground wire covered when I began disconnecting. I don't want to do it wrong and blow the booster or the tanning bed.

Ok I have a buck boost chart that gives me the wiring schematics... Give me a few minutes to look this up and ill tell you how to wire this up.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Great! thanks

Ok before making any connections to the buck boost, you need to make these connections first:

1. H2, H3
  2. X1, X3 and H4
  3. X2, X4

Here is how the wiring is attached to the buck boost:

1. Power supply Red wire and red wire to the tanning bed connect to H1
  2. Power supply black wire will attach to X1, X3 and H4
  3. Black wire that goes out to tanning bed will attach to X2, X4

Lastly take your grounding wire and attach that directly to the casing of the buckboost and to the grounding wire going to the unit. Just cap off the white wire. In a buck boost the neutral is not used and therefore not needed.

Please ask as many follow up questions as you need!

If you need further clarification on anything I posted – Please don’t hesitate to ask!

100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS MY GOAL

Remember to leave FEEDBACK if my answers were helpful.