Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor
5968364

I want to install an electrical outlet outside. I plan to

Customer Question

I want to install an electrical outlet outside. I plan to connect it through the outside wall to a corresponding inside outlet. I will use a GCFI outside. QUESTION: how close to an outside faucet can I be?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on graphic
You are corresponding with Joseph - Your personal online "Electrical Consultant"

There is not any requirements stating you cant be within a certain distance of a faucet, rather that within a certain distance you have to be gfci protected. So when placing this I would use common sense. What I mean by this is that I would not put it under the faucet etc... lol

• If you need further clarification on anything I posted, Please dont hesitate to ask!
  • 100% Customer Satisfaction is my Goal!!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Joe, I hope I did this right. I accepted your answer, but I did not leave a "deposit" because I had no idea what that was. I did give my credit card number & all that so I hope you got paid.

Your answer helped a lot. It also explained why my brother-in-law has a GCFI outlet right next to his outdoor faucet. Since the indoor outlet I will tap into is just above my outdoor faucet, I think I'll use an outdoor conduit to move ,my waterproof outlet box & GCFI outlet about two feet away from the faucet.

Customer/p>
Expert:  Inactive replied 7 years ago.

Everything is fine payment wise. As for the answer glad to have helped. If you need anything further, please be sure to let me know. Good Luck!!