electrifier
electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise
13036330

Roughly how much would if cost to install a 200 amp service

Roughly how much would if cost to install a 200 amp service entrance on a pole building with a 200 amp panel inside? The service would be a mast located 12' from the utility pole.
I am in Michigan and I am a contractor. Here I would install a 200 amp Square D 30 space 40 circuit service panel, the meter socket and mast, all wire would be copper. 2 ground rods would be installed. The price here would be about $1200 depending on the price of the electrical permit. I hope this answers your question for you. Anything more about this question please come back and I'll help you.

electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience: Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX alot. How much of that would be materials cost? My county allows home owners to take a test and do electrical work, with an inpection of course. I've done a lot of house wiring over the years, but never ouside the panel. I'm in Maryland and it's hard to get estimates on small jobs. Atleast these days, they will call back, the prices are stil high. I've been quoted $2400.
I see electrifier is off line right now - so be sure to accept his answer not mine. But your material cost on this would be about $400 - $550. That greatly depends on the price of copper.

As I stated above "accept" electrifiers answer.
I could take my Maryland test and come do your service for that much. Just kidding of course. Copper prices can't be relied on more than about 10 minutes so you just hope it doesn't jump much from the time you bid it till you buy it.
It's all quite easy to do actually but I've had years of training too. Homeowners are allowed to do it all here in Michigan and no test is required. Any moron can try here, sometimes they make a bigger mess than before they started.
If you have any questions when it comes time to do this I'll be glad to help you long distance. I'll be around here. Thanks for coming to Just Answer.