Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor

How far between electrical outlet and water faucet. Im moving

How far between electrical outlet and water faucet. I'm moving my washer and have put in a new faucet and drain box, and now am going to put in an outlet and would like to know what the separation requirements are.
Your just installing an outlet for a washing machine correct? Will this be in a garage or laundry room? Also - will there be a sink or wash basin in the area? If so how far from the outlet?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The washing machine will be in a laundry room. There is no wash basin. I've installed the water faucet and drain box on the side wall about 38" up from the floor and about 6" out from the back wall. I would like to put an outlet on the side wall also not far from the water faucet, but I don't know what the separation requirements are.
Just keep it about 12" away and you will be fine. There arent any separation requirements for stuff like this - but just as a general rule I keep them that far away.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much, I didn't think that there was a problem. But I've run into other areas where there are rules about such things.

Thanks again