Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.

one of my light fixtures just stopped working. I checked the

Customer Question

one of my light fixtures just stopped working. I checked the main electrical panel andall the sub panels and no breakers were tripped. I also turned each switch on and off to make sure. I removed the switch for the fixture and touched the wires together to see if maybe the switch was broken but the light did not turn on.   What do you think the problem is?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Is it just one light that isn't working? Do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes it is just that one light. i do not have a volt meter but i stripped a wire on a lamp and tried it on to the wires behind the switch and it is just not getting any juice.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 years ago.
So you have determined there is no power to the switch. In that case, you will need to open nearby boxes and look for loose or broken connections. The light switch may be fed from a nearby outlet. If the outlets and switches are wired using the small push-in holes on the back of the devices, you need to cut the wires and reconnect them using the side screws on the outlets and switches.