Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor
5968364

I am trying to locate a buss bar for a GE load center 200

Customer Question

I am trying to locate a buss bar for a GE load center 200 amp type tm2020. It is about 30 years old with one main shut off breaker and 40 circuts.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on Just answer electrical !!

You are corresponding with Joseph - Your personal On-Line “Electrical Consultant”

*****Click here to view my profile*****

For a panel that is that old, you are going to be hard pressed to find the guts of a panel like that unless you found one at an old second had parts store. Even at that – there is no guarantee. What you can do is call GE themselves and ask them if they even still make this bus. If not they may make a retro fit bus that will go into the old ones place.

My personal recommendation is that you just replace the entire panel. That way you will be ensured a fresh new panel that will have readably accessible parts if you should find yourself needing one.

Hope this helps you out. If you should need anything further please don't hesitate to ask. Good Luck!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Have another electrical question?

Bookmark my profile page by adding me to your favorites.

Click Here: ContactCustomer----- A Just Answer Verified Electrical Expert!!!

Don’t forget to put Question forCustomer/u> in the Subject line!!!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi Joseph,The info provided is not what I need.I need a source that has a matching buss bar.GE still has available a load center, but it has a different profile with neutrals on the sides,left&right, and three main switches, rather than neutrals on the left upper side and one main switch, since both are needed.Help!!!! Thanx Len
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.

*****Click here to view my profile*****

I hate to be the bearer of bad news – but your only source for any replacement parts for the panels is going to be GE who is the manufacturer. If they don’t have the correct configuration for your panel – that is because they don’t make it any longer.

There are other options you can consider depending on your application. But if this is your main service – you will not have any choice but to get a new panel and re-do the wiring.

Now can you tell me:

1. Is this a main panel
  2. Is this a subpanel
  3. exactly why do you need to replace the buss
  4. can you take a picture of the panel and post it here? If so you can go to www.tinypic.com - then just paste the link that has IMG on each side of the link in the posting page and it will pop right up

Have another electrical question?