Paul
Paul, Electrician
Experience:  23 yrs as an electrician, self employed contractor, municipal inspector
5447110

Are waterproof hubs (I.E. Myers Hubs) approved for ...

Customer Question

Are waterproof hubs (I.E. Myers Hubs) approved for grounding a RGC conduit nipple or run with one end of the run landed into a disconnect switch with the 21/2" concentric knockout still left in place but the other end punchied into a WP junction box and or a WP panelboard. The electrical inspector says I am violation of code section 250-92B and he wants the conduit and wire removed and locknuts with gounding bushings put on both ends and then the wire pulled back in.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Paul replied 8 years ago.
A meyer hub is normally ok for bonding/ grounding. But in this case with eccentric ko's it is not. You need to have a clean knock out for this to be legal.