Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
9920183

I want to install a 220 volt switch between a breaker box ...

I want to install a 220 volt switch between a breaker box and a water pump. I have a additional (one circuit breaker box ) with a switch I would like to use as the pump switch. I have figured out the hot wire(black) and the ground(green) but not sure of nuetral(white). Where does the white wire attach in addiutional breaker box?

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer!!!

You are corresponding with Jason - Your personal On-Line "Electrical Consultant"

*****Click here to view my profile*****

HiCustomer Since this is a 220 Volt circuit, you will treat the white wire as a second hot, not a neutral. There should be connections for 2 hots in your 1 circuit panel that you will use for the switch. Just make sure the breaker you are using for the switch is a double pole breaker and is rated for the proper amperage.

Hope this helps you out. If you should need anything further please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great night!

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped. This is the only way I get paid for providing my services. Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Have another electrical question?

Bookmark my profile page by adding me to your favorites.

Click Here: Contact Jason (jbekah)

Don't forget to put "Question forJason (jbekah)" in the Subject line!!!