Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor
5968364

Why do both of my trailer lights flash when my turn signal ...

Why do both of my trailer lights flash when my turn signal on my truck is only using the left or right light?

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer!!!

You are corresponding with Joseph - Your personal On-Line “Electrical Consultant”

*****Click here to view my profile*****

The reason for this is because you have lost your ground or have a poor grounding connection. You will need to check the ground wire on your trailer wiring to ensure its solidly connected. Additionally – double check and make sure your trailer lights themselves are solidly grounded to the chasis of the trailer.

Hope this helps you out. If you should need anything further please don't hesitate to ask. Good Luck!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Have another electrical question?

Bookmark my profile page by adding me to your favorites.

Click Here: ContactCustomer----- A Just Answer Verified Electrical Expert!!!

Don’t forget to put Question forCustomer/u> in the Subject line!!!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tried various combinations of grounding. None of which have worked. If I'm to be completely honest, I personally think the way these trailer light kits are wired is a joke.

I should mention that when I apply the brakes or turn on the headlights they do what they are supposed to. Just whenever a turn signal is asked of them they respond with emergency flashing.

*****Click here to view my profile*****

Personally what I would do is run an independent ground wire from the chasis of the vehicle to the ground wire and chasis of the trailer itself to test what I have said here. If it cures your problem – then you just need to make the connection permanent.

Have another electrical question?