Inactive
Inactive, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical Contractor
5968364

electrical outlet making low buzzing sound

No Comment Added
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on graphic

You are corresponding with Joseph - Your personal On-Line “Electrical Consultant”

*****Click here to view my profile*****

If your outlet is making a buzzing noise – than you have a loose connection. What I suggest you do is open the unit up, and make sure all your connections are tight. If your connections on the back of the outlet look like this:

graphic

Then you will want to re-do the wiring like this:

graphic

Then you will want to re-do the wiring in the box itself – you will redo it in a manner called a “pigtail” Looks like this:

graphic

graphic

Now once you do all this – your buzzing problem will go away. If the buzzing is for a GFCI – then just replace the outlet. That is a sign of it going bad.

Hope this helps you out, if you should need anything further please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great night!

***I am a Verified state "Licensed" electrical contractor, not an internet researcher - I will work hard to give you the exact answers you seek and work you through any problem you may have***

Please press the “Accept” button if my answer has helped. This is the only way I get paid for providing my services. Please don’t forget to leave “Feedback” – Bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Have another electrical question?

Bookmark my profile page by adding me to your favorites.

Click Here: Contact Electric Doctor ----- A Just Answer Verified Electrical Expert!!!

Don’t forget to put “Question for Electric Doctor” in the Subject line!!!