Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Well unfortunately nothing is going on with it...I have not

Customer Question

Well unfortunately nothing is going on with it...I have not run it in several years, replaced the batteries this morning and checked w voltage meter that I have 36 volts tied together but it won't do a thing
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No, 6 brand new batteries
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: It's an ez go txtpds and I don't know the Year
JA: What year is your electric?
Customer: Still don't know the year
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New batteries, because everything worked fine the last time it was used which was about two years ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Good morning, just back from action, and I see you have had no response. Do you still need help? First thing , connect the charger, and see if it will come on, this is a voltage test ,to see if the primary circuit is complete. If charger comes on, cables and batteries are ok. Do you have voltmeter to check the voltages? Do you have 36 volts to both terminals of the solenoid, with key on? Do you hear any click from solenoid when pedal is pressed? do you have 36 volts to the drive motor armature terminals.?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Evening Sir, unfortunately yesterday was the only day I had to work on this cart because starting at 0500 this morning til the 27th I'm off doing a Dept of Defense contract job. I can tell you from yesterday that my voltage meter showed just shy of 37 volts on the batteries but that's all I could tell you other than it did nothing, no clicking or anything

OK> when you get back to it, check for battery voltage at the key switch, that is where everything has to begin. Have a good night.