Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

It is a 2012 RXV. If I turn the key on, sometimes it will

It is a 2012 RXV. If I turn the key on, sometimes it will run and the sometimes it dont. Once it works, it continues to work in for or rev until I turn the key off. Once I turn the key off, I have to keep turning the key off and on until it starts to work. then it will work fine until I turn the key off again. Any thoughts?
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes I can turn the steering wheel. I didn't look at the key to see if it is worn. I can tho.
JA: What is the model of your '12 electric?
Customer: Freedom RXV
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I check all the connections and everything seems to be fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Solenoid checks out fine, not that I know of.....

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

RXV is battery voltage sensitive! Are batteries original? Do you have a voltmeter to test voltage at the electric brake at drive motor? The electric brake has to have 48 volts, to release and let cart drive. Anything less than 48 volts and brake will not release.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I checked voltage at the batteries and had 50volts. Is there an easy way to check at motor without unplugging it?

Sure ,there is a brake post. measure voltage at the brake. And do you get the brake to click when you turn key on and press drive pedal? There is a solnoid that sends the voltage to the brake, solenoid may not be closing!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
When I turn the key on I read 49.9 V at the break but when I plug it back in and I turn the key off and back on I do not hear a click now we're earlier I did

If it has voltage, and does not click/release, the brake may be bad.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Brake reads about 25 ohms across it

Brake coil have continuity if you unplug it and test coil wires?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That's where I was getting 25 ohmsNow I'm not getting my voltage to pick the coil up where earlier I was

Trace cable back from brake, looking for solenoid.

Did you find voltage problem to the brake?