Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2008 ezgo txt 36 volt golf cart, charged all

Customer Question

i have a 2008 ezgo txt 36 volt golf cart, charged all batteries on trickle charge for past couple of days i am currently reading 35.65 volts plugged in the ezgo powerwise qe charger that came with it and its flashing red 2 times pause then 2 times red. turned key on put in forward can hear some thing click when i push accelorator pedal but no movement
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: only brake lock on brake pedal
JA: What is the model of your '08 electric?
Customer: txt ezgo
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im sorry txtpds
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: serial #2636322 and date code MO508
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I will wait patiently thank you

Cart is in run position, and not in tow? 36 volt cart, not a 48 volt cart? What voltage do have at the charger receptical where the charger plugs into?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After 2 day trickle charge on tow position, reading on volt meter In DC mode was 35.65 volts from pos on first battery to neg on last battery plugged in 36 volt charger that came with cart it began flashing red twice then short pause then two red flashes over and over. Unplugged ezgo charger, and turned switch to run turned key on pushed switch to forward and I here a click when accelerator pedal is pushed nothing happens. Just don't want to spend 1200 buck on new battery s and it not work

What is the voltage where the charger plugs in? The code charger flashes is either low voltage or high voltage! Also see if battery pack voltage drops when you press the pedal.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
34.78 volts at charger input I can also hear a faint clicking from batteries
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dropped 1 volt then back up to 34.68
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Almost like batteries are cooking

This is at the charger input. But charger does not like what it sees! Would you have access to another charger or cart, so you could test your charger? Your batteries may be too low to run the cart, as the carts charger has never fully charged the battery pack.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I manually charged all batteries with three 12 volt chargers batteries were not linked together in this process, that's how I went from 0 to 35 volts charge two batteries per 12 volt charger on a trickle. Looked up information for 36 colt charger and said it needed at least 15 volts to begin charge. After obtaining 35 volts still not working
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can here solenoid engage or click when I push accelerator

Just because the solenoid clicks , does not mean it makes contact with the main contacts.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just explaining what I hear sir. Batteries should not sound like they are active or cooking slowly correct

No, they should not. Remove the filler caps and see if you see a real active one, indicating a shorted cell! A bad cell also can smell like rotting eggs.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I will try tish in the morning how long can I speak with you sir?

I will be here, I'm retired and work from home. You can continue as long as yu need to , no other charges. There should be a link in your email to get back.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much Sir. I will contact you in the mid am have a good night Sir. Moe Urioste

OK<

I see question is till open. Did you find a bad battery or cable? Please rate to close the question and get e credit! Thanks.

I see question is still open. Please rate to get me credit and close the question.