Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2010 ezgo txt 48v cart. The batteries are fully

Customer Question

i have a 2010 ezgo txt 48v cart. The batteries are fully charged and the cables are clean and in good condition. After running fine for about 12 holes, the cart starts to lose power when going uphill and actually "skips" when under strain. it feels like the electrical circuit is broken/sporadic as the cart is used. Any ideas ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Are the batteries original? Do you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage on the back as you drive the cart? Is this the 6, 8 volt batteries? Loss of power and skipping sounds like a low voltage problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the batteries were replaced 9/2014. it is a 6-8v. battery system. Not sure how to "load test" the batteries....I have a battery meter hooked up. With the wheels off the ground, the meter drops to almost 0 when the pedal is depressed but jumps back up to where it was once the wheels start turning
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

You would put cart against object/wall/pole, and the slowly power the motor, to load the batteries. With 48 volt system, the batteries should drop very little under any load. One bad battery or one bad cable or connection can drop voltage across the whole pack.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when under a load (against a fence) the battery meter drops to "0". So there is a bad wire(s) or battery(s).......is there a way to test each battery individually? With no load on them, each battery shows the same voltage on my voltmeter.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Use voltmeter on each battery, you will have to test 6 times!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Did you get to test each battery?