Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

II have an EZ go cart L298. For about a 1 -2 yrs now so

Customer Question

II have an EZ go cart L298 . For about a 1 -2 yrs now so times when
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: on the course the cart will stop and not come back on / I can leave it and come back in 20 to 30 minutes and then turn on the key and it will
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: go again Model is L298 . Key is not worn or damaged that I can tell. I can turn the steering wheel. It might do this every other round of golf. Has always come back on after a while. Took it to a cart mechanic and he drove it around for a couple of weeks and never duplicated.
JA: What year is your electric?
Customer: Can you tell by the number L298 ? I thought that was a 98. I bought it used from another golfer.
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing if my self. Just trying to get an idea as to what is wrong.We have checked all battery cables and jiggled all the wires exposed. It does sound the reverse alarm when put in reverse but does not move. So I just ride around on a buddy's cart and come back later and it then will go.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

How old are the batteries? Does the charger run a full 8 hour charge? Do you have a voltmeter to check the unit? I assume this is a 36 volts cart? When cart quits, do you hear the solenoid click close when you press the pedal?

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem?