Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

1997 EZGO txt, 36 V, must feather throttle to move forward,

Customer Question

1997 EZGO txt, 36 V , must feather throttle to move forward, reverse is fine. After getting it moving forward it loses power when throttle pedal is mashed.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 26 days ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 26 days ago.

Typical f/r problem is caused by bad forward and reverse switch. Where is your switch, lever by knee or on dash? If lever by knee, switch is on the right side, under the passenger seat. and has rod running to it.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Lever
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 26 days ago.

You can swap the f/r cables at the f/r switch, to see if problem changes with cables, or just replace the switch.