Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have the GE residential durastation. for my electric car.

Customer Question

I have the GE residential durastation. for my electric car. It was working fine but now I cant get the plug to seat correctly and its not charging any of our electric cars.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bought it about first of september from home depot
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, i called the electrician but I dont know what happened?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it was clicking, the plug before, but now it is not. No idea? can the plug short out? can i buy a new plug and cable if necessary
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

You say the plug is not making searing correctly. That is the key. Look at the inner part of the plug, and see what has happened. Or may have broken a piece off of one of the mating plugs, and is now in the way, keeping the plug from mating. This is not the same as a forklift plug for electric forklift, but it works the same, the plug has to make the contacts , before it will begin to charge. You will find problem to be in the plug!