Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

How to set points and timing on old esgo 2 stroke cart that

Customer Question

how to set points and timing on old esgo 2 stroke cart that has starter behind flywheel? what mark do i use and what to set points gap ? i
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Are you sure it has points? Most all the Ezgo's I have seen in the two cycle, are all solid state ignition. You have an impulse coil, igniter and the main coil.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have re place them because the flywheel came loose and broke them .
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Points set when the plunger raises the points to it's highest level. As for timing, it is set by the position of the points plate to the flywheel and I would NOT move it, just go with where it was before.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i had to change timing plate it messed it up i know how to set timing and can do so but not sure what marks to use i have a buss box to set points timing after i set the gap that you have gave me. have the knowledge of how to do it i an not clear on the marks on fly wheel and motor they are marked with an f or t like i am acuainted with
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

my manual only shows the solid state ignition timing. I will opt out ans see if anyone else has the older version. Sorry.