Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

My wife has a Quantum Q6 Edge power chair with power tilt

My wife has a Quantum Q6 Edge power chair with power tilt leg lift and it has dead batteries. I know I have to some how raise the legs by manual tilting or removing to access the battery panel to remove the dead batteries. How do I do this? Roger

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Do you have the owners manual? Starting with page 21, assembly. The seat has to be removed, then you can access the legs and slip out of the way, to get to the battery pack.??

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the seat and seat plate off and do not see how to move the legs. There are about 1" bars on either side with two inner rails and one rail crossing in the back and front with the power leg lift attached to the front, looks like one complete unit, the legs are not separate but together. To me this has to be removed or the whole seat has to be tiled back and up out of the way to access the battery panel. Is there a manual screw assembly to screw in or out to tilt the mechanism? Thanks Roger

Look in the manual, on page 18, showing the trapeze bars, is this what you need off?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not know what I need off. I just know the feet & leg unit looks to be one piece and work together. I do my own repair work around the house, A/C Heat Washer Dryer Plumbing, Cars oil changes, Plugs and Wires Brakes. I have a descent knowledge of repairing stuff but not a power chair, it is throwing me for a loop. This chair also has a 10" seat lift. Going to bed Roger

Download the owners manual link I sent and I think you will find what needs to come off. With the additional seat height, it will have an extra set of adapters that have to come off, to get to the base of the unit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I removed the bolts for the hold down brackets and left the very 2 back bolts in only loose and was able to raise the front up enough to pull the batteries out. Thanks Roger

Good Job!