Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Charger wont charge, hisun electric golf cart 2012.re

Customer Question

charger wont charge
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: hisun electric golf cart 2012.re charged the batteries which are very new.not sure if its the solenoid or controller
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: gel batteries,checked and ok
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes.used another charger unsuccessfully.individually charged the batteries.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

do you have a voltmeter to test the cart and battery connections? You say charger does not come on? That is indication that here is no voltage to the charger port on the cart. What does battery pack voltage show? Is this the same voltage you hae at the charger port n the cart? 36 or 48 volt cart? battery setup? 6, 6 volts, 6, 8 volts, or 4, 12 volt batteries?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

see question is still open, did you see my response and check the voltages?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Disconnected the batteries... Checked them, gel type all have over 12 volts.
Disconnected the motor and controller and checked, OK, also the power indicator on dash.
Checked all fuses, OK.
Reconnected everything. Left out the power indicator and all was good. Checked this and had intermittent power.
Charger now works. Indicator is connected now and showing full battery.
Used it yesterday. Full power but showing on indicator after 3 holes dropped 2 bars.after 9 holes its showing half full.
Rechecked the batteries ,showing over 48 volts. If the power indicator is not working properly, does it have a return that could limit the power going to controller and show a false reading and reduce power.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Not sure how this model works, but jump across the indicator and see if cart works. If it does, I would have to assume the indicator is not letting full voltage pass through it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cart now with no power after using it again.it didnt take the charge with the indicator out.indicator still stuck on showing half power.is there anything else that would prevent it charging or not letting the power through that i could check
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

What does each battery measure?All need to be within one volt of each other. One cell, dead, will a loss of 2 volts, will kill the entire pack, and keep cart from working. And with a single bad cell, the charger will not top up the batteries!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have already told you batteries are all OK several times. You keep asking the same question .refer back to my last question.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

OK< I will opt out. I ask questions and want real answers, I can't make conclusions from (batteries are good) Have a nice day, maybe someone else will reply.