Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2002 FORD THINK NEV CAR WILL NOT RUN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS

Customer Question

2002 FORD THINK NEV
CAR WILL NOT RUN
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER IS SHOWING ON THE BOTTOM AN EXTENSION CORD.
AND IT WILL NOT GO AWAY.
MY CHARGER IS WORKING BATTERIES ARE IN FULL CHARGE TESTED 75 VOLT (DELTA Q CHARGER0
HOW TO RESET?
ORE DUE I NEED A NEW INSTRUMENT CLUSTER?
REGARDS
GUNTHER
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.This may be a fault with the cables leading from the batteries or that one or more of the batteries has a bad cell or shorted.You will need to have the codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool and further testing to the battery system as this sounds like a voltage issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete