Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I have a 2009 EZ go golf cart and the parking break seams to

Customer Question

I have a 2009 EZ go golf cart and the parking break seams to not release. I replaced the break on the motor but dose same thing . Once it did release after trying to move the cart by putting in forward and depressing the pedal but the break seamed to drag for a short distance then released. once it released it worked fine but turn it off and same thing all over?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: ? its a golf cart no odometer
JA: What is the model of your '09 electric?
Customer: RXV elect
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the Hold ( Park ) break on the back of the motor Yes am doing it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 days ago.

RXV brake is dependent on it getting full battery voltage of at least 48 volts to release. Have you taken a voltmeter reading at the brake when you tr to drive? Anything less than 48 volts, the brake will not release. RXV's are known to have brake issures with battery voltage being marginal. How old are the batteries, and does the charger run full cycle and top battery pack up to around 54 volts?