Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have done pretty much a complete overhaul of my 96 EZGO

Customer Question

I have done pretty much a complete overhaul of my 96 EZGO txt. Changed the whole rear differential, new wiring, new selonoid, new shocks etc.... Just dropped in back on the ground, and it will only go in reverse now. It only goes in reverse in the forward position, will not go forward at all. if I switch the wiring on the motor it will go forward, but not in reverse. I think I am missing a connection or wiring from the selonoid somewhere. Any suggestions?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How long does it take to get a response?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect all wiring and connections in the area the work was performed and see if anything was damaged or pinched or even disconnected causing this fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete