Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have 2009 GEM. When I push the accelerator down, it goes

Customer Question

I have 2009 GEM. When I push the accelerator down, it goes about 5 feet and stops abruptly, and displays error code 82. Then when I push the accelerator down again it displays error code 81 and shows zero on the speedometer. It goes full speed down hill but barely crawls up hill.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Check your speed sensor located on the motor. It's the 3 wire plug just inside of the R/S front tire. The codes 82 and 81 both relate to the drive motor sensor. Can be a dirty sensor or bad connections to the sensor.