Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

2009 RXV. Batteries fully charged. Moves forward and in

Customer Question

2009 RXV. Batteries fully charged. Moves forward and in reverse VERY slowly and with a grinding noise (as if a brake is engaged). In Tow mode and with key in neutral, cart rolls easily. Is this possibly just a brake switch issue?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Ran fine two days ago. Problem started yesterday (when I needed to move the cart out of the garage.) Grinding noise sounds like it is coming from under the cart
JA: What is the model of your '09 electric?
Customer: EZ Go RXV
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hope to. checked batteries. fully charged. havent done anything else until i do some research
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The brake on the drive motor is not releasing and causing the noise? With RXV , the electric brake has to get a full 48 volts for it to release. Do you have 48 volts to the brake?