Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

2007 Yamaha YDRE will not run with key on sale annoyed

Customer Question

2007 Yamaha YDRE will not run with key on sale annoyed clicks and then if you shake the golf cart cell annoyed will cycle again but motor will not run
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Problem started with motor running slower and slower and then it finally completely gave out and has not run again
JA: What is the model of your '07 electric?
Customer: Y DRE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am I'm just getting started
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

This is 48 volt unit. Does the charger come on when attached to cart?Do you have a voltmeter to test voltage at the battery pack and each of the 12 volt batteries? Pack fully charged should be over 54 volts! and each battery would be over 13 volts. Do you have 48 volts to the main solenoid cables?